How To Make a Margarita – Top 4 Recipes
Are you tired of spending hours searching for the perfect margarita?
In this article we’re gathering the best recipes on the web, if you believe you’ve what it takes to get your recipe on this page.
– Comment your recipe below or write to our contact email.
How to make a Margarita
We’ve made a whole serie of How to make a Margarita, which covers the best classic Margarita recipe and the top Margarita recipes.
A Margarita comes in 3 different ways.
On the rocks – With ice in the glass
Frozen Margarita – Blended with ice
Straight up – Without ice in the glass
In this following guide line How to make a Margarita We’ve gathered 4 of the best recipes. All 3 different types of margaritas are included (On the rocks – Frozen Margarita – Straight up).
Get additional tips in our article “12 Best Tips For Making The Perfect Cocktail”
BARVIVO recommend using organic fruits and organic herbs as it’ll bring the cocktail an even greater taste. Remember the juice often are 25% of the cocktail and it would be sad to ruin the high quality liquor with bad fruits or herbs.
- Lime Wedge and 2 Lime wheels for garnish
- 2 Ice cold glass
(Lay them in the fridge for 30mins)
- 2 tablespoon coarse salt
- 4 ounces high quality tequila
- 2 ounces of Cointreau
- 1 ½ ounces fresh juice from 2 limes
The perfect classic Margarita, fits perfectly for the How to make a Margarita category.
We’ll start with the Classic Margarita, the perfect Margarita is about fresh and crisp flavours barely tempered with sugar.
To make this cocktail the exact right way, you’ll have to use high quality tequila. Budget tequila brands seems to be a little harsh, and will therefore need some simple syrup to adjust the taste.
This recipe is made for 2 serves.
Classic Margarita – How to make a margarita
1. Cut two lime wheels for garnish.
2. Extract the juice from the rest of the lime into a small saucer.
3. 2 tablespoon coarse salt in another small saucer.
4. Get your Ice cold glass
5. Turn your glass downwards and spin the rim down into the lime juice.
6. Dip half the glass rim into the lime juice, and right after into the coarse salt saucer.
– Now you’ve your glass ready.
7. Combine the tequila, Cointreau and lime juice into a shaker, add 4-5 ice cubes.
8. Shake till thoroughly chilled, about 15-20 seconds.
9. Fill the glass with fresh ice and strain Margarita into the glass. Garnish with Lime wheels and serve.
Note: If you want to try it as a straight up, exclude the ice cubes in the glass.
How to make a Margarita – Info
Creating a classic Margarita can be easy and simple if you’ve the right recipe like above, but the internet is filled with bad recipes and it’s like a jungle to find the best recipes.
At BARVIVO we’ve done the research for you so you no longer have to look through 10-15 websites before you find a decent recipe/guide for how to make a Margarita.
This category How to make a margarita is one of many on their way, we’re working everyday to do the research for you and provide you with the best recipes on the internet.
- 1 cup dried hibiscus blossoms. (Can be found at Latin Grocery stores.)
- 3 cups of water
- ¾ cups of sugar
- 1 ¼ cups of tequila
- ½ cup of fresh lime juice
- ⅓ cup triple sec
- 8 lime slices
- 6-8 Ice cold glasses (Lay it in the fridge for 25-30 minutes)
This great recipe deserves to be in the How to make a Margarita category, why?
The jamaica Margarita also known as Aqua de jamaica – Is a great summer drink with sweet beverage made with hibiscus blossoms.
This recipe has been taken to the next level by incorporating floral and a summery taste of hibiscus into a classic margarita so it fits perfectly as an outdoor party cocktail or as a great welcoming summer drink.
This recipe is made for 6-8 serves.
Jamaica Margaritas – How to make a margarita
1. Place the hibiscus blossoms in a strainer, rinse under cold water.
2. Combine water, sugar and blossoms in a medium saucepan, heat it up till it boils.
3. When it boils, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Discard the hibiscus blossoms.
– Now it’s called Hibiscus mixture.
5. Combine the hibiscus mixture with the tequila, juice and triple sec in a shaker.
6. Add 3-4 ice cubes and shake for 10 seconds.
7. Fill your ice cold glasses.
8. Garnish with a lime slice to each glass.
Credits truly goes to myrecipes.com for sharing another great recipe.
How to make a Margarita – Trick
Margaritas can be served in many different glasses, and it has become acceptable to serve a margarita in almost any kind of glass types. This goes from cocktail and wine glasses to pint glasses and even large schooners/beer glasses.
However the drink is traditionally served in a eponymous margarita glass, which looks like a champagne coupe.
We at BARVIVO love to experiment with cocktails which includes glasses and we must admit it doesn’t change the taste, however it changes the whole feeling of a cocktail.
In this article it’s all about how to make a Margarita and we’ve therefore chosen to switch between the glasses to make it work perfectly for the “taste”. (So you know exactly what to expect just by looking at the glass.)
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 lime
- 3 ½ cups cubed organic seeded watermelon
- ½ cup mid or high quality tequila
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon triple sec
- Watermelon balls or small watermelon pieces for garnish
- 6 Ice cold glasses
- Crushed ice
This is a winner during the summer and a must try Margarita, so we’ve added it to the How to make a Margarita category so you can try it out.
If you’re more into a sweet Margarita this will definitely be your favorite!
The sweetness from the watermelon mixed with a little extra sugar, a bit of fresh lime juice fits so perfectly together. It brightens the drink and adds a welcome tanginess, the perfect match to How to make a Margarita.
This recipe is made for 4-6 servings.
Watermelon Margaritas – How to make a margarita
1. Squeeze 1 lime on a saucer.
2. Place 3 teaspoons sugar in a saucer.
3. Spin the rim of the ice cold glasses into lime and spin the rim of each glass in the sugar.
– The glasses are now ready for the margarita.
4. Combine the cubed watermelon with:
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon triple sec
– In a blender and process till its smooth.
5. Fill each prepared glass with crushed ice and pour up.
6. Finish off with a melon ball as garnish.
The credit goes directly to myrecipes.com thanks for sharing this lovely recipe.
How to make a Margarita – Tip
During our research we’ve come by a lot of recipes (funny enough), 70% of them telling you to take a wheel/wedge of lime and rub it to the rim of the glass you’re going to use.
We at BARVIVO always recommend using the method which fits you, as there’s a huge different between rubbing and spinning the rim into lime juice.
When you rub the rim of the glass with a lime wheel/wedge, the amount of juice attached to the glass is particularly low compared to spinning the rim into lime juice.
By this you can adjust exactly the amount of salt/sugar you want on the rim of your glass.
This tip is only published on Barvivo.com and since this article is all about how to make a margarita you’re most likely going to use salt in most cases. Some people don’t like a salt rim to their glass so the best tip would be to make the glass 50/50.
- 1 lime
- 2 ounces Grand Marnier
- 1 ½ ounces silver tequila
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 2 ounces coconut water
- 2 ounces cream de coconut
- 2 ½ ounces strawberry simple syrup
- Lime + fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoon Salt, 2 tablespoon sugar and 1 ½ tablespoon toasted finely shredded coconut
- Ice cold glass or jar
Fresh Strawberry and Coconut Margaritas
This Margarita is truly a lady killer! If you’re having a evening alone or with a few girlfriends passing by, this is the margarita you should create. The taste is fabulous and even the colour matches perfectly for such an occasion.
We’ve added this cocktail to How to make a Margarita because it’s a Margarita which should be shared!
The recipe for the ‘Fresh Strawberry and Coconut Margarita’ includes a strawberry simple syrup, the recipe for the simple syrup is below the actual margarita recipe.
Fresh Strawberry and Coconut Margaritas – How to make a margarita
1. Squeeze the lime juice on a saucer.
2. Combine the salt, sugar and toasted finely shredded coconut on a saucer.
3. Spin the rim of your ice cold glass or jar into the lime juice and afterward into the salt, sugar and shredded coconut.
– The glass / jar is now ready.
4. Combine the tequila, strawberry simple syrup, grand marnier, coconut water, cream de coconut and the lime juice in a shaker with a few ice cubes.
5. Shake it for about 60 seconds.
6. Fill the jar / glass with ice.
7. Pour the margarita into the glass / jar.
8. Finish off with a few sliced strawberries and lime wheels as garnish.
The credits for this amazing margarita recipe and simple syrup recipe goes to howsweeteats.com, thanks for discovering this awesome recipe!
- 2 cup water
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 1 ½ cups sliced strawberries
How to make a strawberry simply syrup
1. Combine the water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil, so the sugar is dissolved, turn the heat off and let it cool off completely.
2. Add the simple syrup and the sliced strawberries into a blender and blend till it’s smooth.
How to make a Margarita – History
The best story of the margarita is the story of Carlos “Danny” Herrera. The story claims he created the cocktail for a customer who was allergic to many spirits but not to tequila, so Carlos mixed and created the Margarita.
The margarita is well known for being a Mexican cocktail and many have claimed the honor of being the inventor of the margarita. But the first known publication of a margarita was released in the December 1953.
This article is truly dedicated to reveal the best margaritas on the web.
We’re thankful for all the people who discovered the margarita back in the days, but also truly grateful for all the updates there have been made to the original margarita!
‘How to make a Margarita’ is as mentioned dedicated to the best margaritas, so if you believe you’ve what it takes to get your recipe in the article, send us an email at email@example.com with pictures and the recipe, and we’ll decide!
I hope you enjoyed reading the article How to make a Margarita, and got something useful out of it. I enjoyed doing the research and if you’ve a topic you think we should look into don’t hesitate to contact us.